CASTLE CAMPING is located on the beach of New Panteleimon by the sea side. It is about 1500 m. from the old national highway of Athens-Thessaloniki and they are different ways to access the site depending on whether you are arriving from Athens or Thessaloniki. Castle Camping lies below the shadow cast by the Venetian Castle, at the foot of legendary Mount Olympus, isolated within a lush green forest, with the golden sandy beach being kissed by the deep blue Aegean Sea. This is exactly where CASTLE CAMPING is located……YOUR IDEAL CAMPING SITE! Continuing the tradition, we started 5 decades ago, we are still offering campers high-quality camping accommodation. The functional and clean facilities, the unique friendly atmosphere, the perfect service and other facilities, are what bear the seal of our care and organization, guaranteeing that you spend an unforgettable holiday, not only this summer but every summer, at CASTLE CAMPING.
CASTLE CAMPING offers 3 (three) different landscaped places for tents and caravans/mobile trailers.
– TYPE A (Large place). Area Size: 60-75 sqm) for 1-3 small tents or 1 caravan.
– TYPE B (Medium place). Area Size: 40-50 sqm) for 1 tent or 1 caravan.
– TYPE C (Small place). Area Size: 20-25 sqm) for 1 tent.
CASTLE CAMPING charges per night for:
– Per adult
– The place of the camper, irregardless of the number of tents that use the particular site.
– The car (1 per place) is FREE OF CHARGE and is included in the price of the place.
– Free of charge electric power supply (220 V. 6 Amps per power supply).
– Taps with water, suitable for drinking.
– Toilets, Free of charge provision of hot water for showering, washing clothes and dishes.
– Free of charge, communal refrigerator and freezer
– Automatic washing machines and driers available via using coin slots
– Free of charge internet access “WIFI”
– Free of charge safety deposit box (available at the reception)
OPERATION REGULATIONS - TERMS & CONDITIONS at the CAMPSITE:
– Entrance opening hours: 07: 00-24: 00
– Reception opening hours (for arrivals and departures): 9: 00-21: 00
– Upon Arrival all campers are required to submit form of identification (identity card or passport) at the reception. Campers consent and agree to the process of registering their personal data which is mandatory for their stay at the campsite.
– CHECK OUT. The site must be vacant at departure, which is until 13:00.
– CHECK IN. Available after 14:00, if already occupied by a previous customer.
– Cancellation of a reservation can be accepted by only one week before arrival at the campsite. In case of late cancellation the campsite is not obliged to return the advance deposit, unless the place has been rented up by another customer.
– In case of late arrival, the reception must be informed beforehand.If such notice is not provided the reception will keep the site until 13:00 the following day. After that time the place will be allocated to another customer.
– The car (1 per place) enters and stays FREE OF CHARGE in the campsite, inside or in front of the place. Some places do not have parking spaces, and in this case the car remains in a parking area outside the campsite.
– It is strictly forbidden for campers to invite and accept visitors for a daily stay at the camping site.
– Quiet hours: 24:00-8:00 & 15:00-17:00. During this time, it is strictly forbidden to play the radio, television or musical instruments.
– Inside the campsite lighting a fire is strictly forbidden. BBQs and grilling is permitted within designated BBQs , taking all necessary precautions. There are fire extinguishers and special fire hydrants with fire-fighting hoses within different areas of the campsite grounds.
– The water taps in the camping have drinking water. No dishwashing is allowed or generally any polluting. Special basins can be used in the WC areas.
– Pets are permitted at the campsite only if the “TERMS & CONDITIONS OF STAY for PETS” of the campsite are followed. These are available at the reception.
– Security of personal items is the sole responsibility of the camper. The campsite is NOT RESPONSIBLE for theft, loss or damage of personal effects of the camper, caused by fires, natural disasters or acts of terrorism other than those covered from the campsite’s “civil liability”.
Entering and staying at the Campsite fullmeans acceptance of the above “OPERATION REGULATION-TERMS & CONDITIONS”
The seaside area of the camp site offers is ideal for a diversity of water sports, such as:
– Underwater diving
There is, however, the opportunity for visitors to occupy themselves with other activities, other than water sports, on an individual basis or through organised courses, such as:
– Paragliding or Tandem Flying on the slopes of Mount Olympus
– Mountain Biking in the Lower Mount Olympus terrain in the areas of Kallipefki or Karya. (mountain bike)
– Climbing, Mountain Climbing or hiking in various areas of Mount Olympus.
– Organised off-road adventures via 4X4 Jeeps
– Horse Riding on the Delta of the Pineos River
– Canoeing at the Μοuth of the Pineos River (Estuary area)
With CASTLE CAMPING as a starting point, campers may alsoengage in sightseeing of the surrounding sites or experience the festivities and other cultural events that take place in the area.
Regarding entertainment, the area is bustling with tavernas, night clubs and a diversity of shops, never allowing for a dull moment of those interested.
PLACES OF INTEREST
– An excursion for mountain lovers and those who love Greek traditions, this excursion will take you to the old settlements of Old Panteleimon (traditional settlement) or Old Skotina and even higher up, crossing the forest area of the Lower Olympus region, till you reach Kallipefki (dried-up lake of the Nizeros Plateau) and Karya, Olympus. From there begins the descent, via the new forest road of Karya – Leptokaria, with an additional visit to the Kanalon Monastery on Mount Olympus.
– Another interesting route worth taking is the visit to Litochoro and walking through the Enipeas Gorge, which is a site of unique natural beauty. From there you will ascend on Mount Olympus via vehicle till the position of Prionia, while making an in-between stop at the old monastery of Agios Dionisios. There is also the opportunity for hikers to descend from the location of Prionia, via the ravine of Enipeas till the Monastery of Agios Dionisios, allowing them to admire the small waterfalls and lakes that the Enipeas Gorge forms (duration: 1,5 hours).
– From the location of Prionia also starts the climbing route to the peak of Mount Olympus (Peak Mytikas at 2917m altitude). This activity can be carried out by either doing it in a day or by stopping for the night at the shelter of Spilios Agapitos (Zolotas) (at 2100m altitude).
– Another activity of cultural interest is the visit to the archaeological site of Dion and the archaeological museum that is located there.
– Impressive sites can be admired by going on an excursion to the villages of the Lower region of Mount Olympus, Krania and Rapsani. These areas produce wine with a ‘Protected Area of Origin’ label. You may also visit the local wineries (Katsaros and Tsantalis).
– On the opposite side of the renown Tembi Valley, on Kissavos Mountain (Ossa), is the well-known settlement of Ampelakia, where the first Co-op Union in Greece was established in the 18th Century, while Greece was still under Ottoman Rule. Indeed, the renowned manor of Georgios Schwartz has been restored and can be visited.
Excursions, further away in distance, may also be carried out, using CASTLE CAMPING as your starting point.
– Visit to the Region of Meteora and visiting the monasteries which are located there (140km).
– A tour to the archaeological sites of Pella and Vergina(110 km and 90 km respectively).
– Visit to the shopping district of Thessaloniki, while visiting its museums and admiring the Byzantine churches within the city (100km)
– Boat tour of Mount Athos Monastery Region from Ouranoupolis, Chalkidiki (240km)
During the summer season, a diverse number of events take place within the campsite area. These events are of cultural or folklore interest, culminating in the famous Olympus Festival, which takes place throughout the whole of July and August.